Wedding Dress Dreams

My heart and prayers goes out to all who suffered from the effects of Hurricane Irene, truly a devastating hurricane in many areas on the east coast.  Luckily, my neighborhood in Brooklyn, New York, although listed by FEMA as a flood zone "B," did not receive any flooding or electric power outages during the storm as did many other areas.  There were downed tree limbs and tress, and other storm related damage, but we were very fortunate not to have any damage.
I was actually away during the hurricane, as I flew to Colorado to go wedding dress shopping with my daughter a few days before the hurricane arrived. Although my daughter will have her wedding ceremony and reception in Brooklyn next spring, she wanted to buy her dress in Denver, Colorado, so that she would be able to do alterations during the months before the wedding.


Our first stop was a bridal boutique called Anna Be, located at 1575 Boulder Street, Denver, Colorado. This shop offers dresses by all the top wedding designers, as well as new and upcoming designers. My daughter-in-law's sister bought her dress here a couple years ago, and she and her Mom highly recommended the Anna Be boutique's selection of wedding dresses and their service.



When we entered the boutique we were offered champagne by the staff  -- what a fun way to celebrate shopping for a very special dress!



There were many beautiful dresses to admire and my daughter began gathering quite a few to try on. She had a good idea of the style she wanted and about how she dreamed of looking in a wedding dress. What young woman does not dream about choosing her wedding dress ?  I was so happy to be able to share this experience with her!



Believe it or not, she actually found the dress of her dreams among the first few dresses she tried on! My daughter-in-law was with us, and she and I both gasped at how beautiful my daughter looked when she tried on "THE DRESS"!  It was an Australian designer, Martina Liana, design.  My daughter looked absolutely beautiful in the dress she selected.  Of course I can't show the dress here, as it will have to remain top secret until her wedding day, but it was on one of the racks in the photos above!


Afterward, we went out for tea to celebrate! My daughter-in-law is on the left and my daughter is on the right. Just look at those happy faces!  We had such a memorable day together.


Of course I was also able to do a lot of grandson snuggling while I was in Colorado! My 5 month old baby "M" is cuter than pie and very expressive. He got lots of hugs and kisses from his "Nonna."


My grandson "L" was recently potty trained -- a big event in all two year old's life -- so I brought him the same gift his Daddy received when he was potty trained many years ago, at the same age, which I had saved in my attic over the years.  This heirloom Fisher Price Medical Kit was a big hit! He took my blood pressure and listened to my heart and Winnie the Pooh's heart many times. Notice "L's" dinosaur slippers -- a favorite recent wardrobe addition from his visit to the Dinosaur Journey Museum.  He has so many wonderful interests now and is quite a smart little boy.  It was so good to visit with my family and I already miss them all so much!


 
Bookmark and Share