Pink Saturday's Miracle Makeover!


ANOTHER DAY
~Grace E Easley

Lord thank You for another day,
Within this life of mine
Give me the strength to live it well,
Whatever I may find

Bestow from Your abundance,
Whatever I may lack
To use the hours wisely,
For I cannot have them back

Lord thank you for another day,
In which to make amends
For little slights or petty words,
Inflicted on my friends

For sometimes losing patience,
With problems that I find,
For seeing faults in other lives,
But not the ones in mine

Lord thank You for another chance,
In which to try to be
A little more deserving
Of the gifts You've given me

For yesterday is over,
And tomorrow's far away,
And I remain committed,
To the good I do today !




I was going to link my post of The Peggy Rockefeller Rose Garden  in the New York Botanical Garden to today's Pink Saturday post, but today is a special "Miracle Makeover" Pink Saturday event on Beverly's blog How Sweet the Sound and she asked that we post an inspirational thought, prayer or blessing, instead of our usual posts.

The poem/prayer listed above was printed once in my church bulletin a few years ago and hit a chord with me.  I cut it out and post in on my refrigerator so that I could recite it every day as part of my morning meditation. Expressing gratitude for my blessings and asking for wisdom to live each day well and and to show kindness is something I hope to do more of each and every day. 

Please visit Beverly today and leave a comment on her blog and also leave comments on the blogs of the four other Miracle Makeover host's blogs:

Design Gives Back @ Design Gives Back/Kelee

Spiritual Sunday @ Spiritual Sunday /Charlotte & Ginger

Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch Blog /Susan

Country Wings in Phoenix @ Country Wings in Phoenix Blog/Sherry

Each comment left on those blog will earn a $1 dollar donation for the next Design Gives Back blog's "Miracle Makeover" of a room in a cancer's victims home  The goal is 5,000 comments!
Please make your comments work and spread the news!  Many thanks!


Bookmark and Share