The Pink Sentinel


When I was in Atlantic City last weekend I saw this beautiful view of the Absecon Lighthouse from my hotel window. The sun was setting and it gave the surrounding clouds a beautiful pink hue, that I thought would be a perfect photo for Beverly of How Sweet The Sound blog's Pink Saturday event.

The Absecon Lighthouse, located on Rhode Island and Pacific Avenues in Atlantic City, New Jersey, was built in 1857. It stands 171 feet high and is the tallest lighthouse in the state of New Jersey and the third tallest masonry lighthouse in the United States. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, it is still lit by the same Fresnel lens used to light the way for mariners when it first opened.

I find there is something so romantic about these stalwart sentinels of the past, and the next time I am in this area I'm going to make a point of visiting the lighthouse and walk up its 228 steps to the top!



As a tease, I'm showing close ups of two other things I saw in Atlantic City. Can you guess what they are?


These pretty glass ornaments look like they'd be perfect as decorations for a Christmas tree, don't they?


If you've stayed at this hotel in Atlantic City you'll know what they are, but if you haven't, then please come back to my blog on Monday and I'll show you the full pictures of these, and more, beautiful art works of glass!


I also want to thank Jo at My Paper Playhouse blog where I won her fun give away of a box of Elmer scrapbook products.  I love the hot pink x-acto self healing cutting mat, the decorative scissors and assortment of scrapbook glues and tapes.  I am very overdo in keeping up with my grandson's scrapbook and this is a wonderful motivation to get back to working on it, once the holiday rush quiets down.
Thanks Jo! If you like making cards, and scrapbooking family photos, please visit Jo's blog and be inspired by all her beautiful work!


Be sure to visit Beverly today for Pink Saturday and to see a list of all the participating blogs who are "In the Pink'" today!



Bookmark and Share