"Alice Dancing Under the Gallows"

Every now and then, I come across a YouTube movie that takes my breath away. I usually put them under the YouTube graphic in my blog's sidebar, and there is one there now that is also worth watching.

This video called "Alice Dancing Under the Gallows" is the Official Trailer for a new documentary short about the oldest Holocaust survivor in the world, Alice Herz-Sommer.  This interview with her, and some of her friends who were also Holocaust survivors, is so compelling that I think you will find it is one you will want to share with many.

Alice was a 39-year-old concert pianist in Prague in 1943 when she and her husband and six-year-old son were arrested and sent to the Nazi concentration camp Theresienstadt. I could not imagine the horrors she saw in her days in that camp, but playing music helped her to persevere. At the age of almost 107 years old she continues to live with hope and optimism. She is truly inspirational!

The video begins by running dark for a few seconds, but will soon open.

 



Bookmark and Share