HomeGoods for the Holidays

*For the following post I was provided a $25 gift card to Home Goods provided by a BlogHer and HomeGoods promotion.

I love HomeGoods, the store that has a large variety of household goods with savings up to 60% off and new shipments every week so the variety is always changing. So, when BlogHer asked some bloggers if we wanted to participate in a HomeGoods "Holiday Gifts Under $25" program, I jumped to the opportunity!


As soon as my $25 gift card arrived I drove over to my closest HomeGoods store, located in the Rockville Center Shopping Center,150 N Village Ave, Rockville Center, New York.


It was the Friday after Thanksgiving, so even though I arrived bright and early, shoppers had already taken up most of the parking places in the shopping center!


I just love this store! As soon as I entered the interior lobby with my shopping cart I was greeted with this view of some large novel items for sale, and I could already feel my adrenaline pumping in shopping anticipation.  I have found some wonderful items at HomeGoods in the past -- from picture frames, a mirror, cookbooks, children's books, dishes and kitchen gadgets, sheets, a tablecloth and a bedspread, packaged holiday food specialties, and toys.  All were from top companies and at very affordable prices. There are always tempting bargains available in HomeGoods that I can't resist, and I never leave the store empty handed.


I also love how the goods for sale are beautifully coordinated and displayed!  Just look at this delightful grouping of red holiday items available in my HomeGoods store this past weekend in the photo above and the green items in the photo below. There are thousands of wonderful gift items available in HomeGoods for the holidays for under $25. Just look at all the ideas they show on their web page, or you can order gift card at this link.  Not sure if there is a HomeGoods located in your area? Check the store locate link on their homepage.


As you can see the store was filled with a wonderful assortment of holiday dishes, decorative items and gift foods.  There are many beautiful and  thoughtful gift Items you can buy a friend, neighbor or teacher for the holidays or other occasions.


There are also isles and isles of year round goods and decorative accessories in HomeGoods, such as this wonderful collection of unique folk pottery made in Poland.


Just look how well stocked the children's toy section was!



This was the section of the store where I knew I'd find the gifts I wanted to buy with my gift card.


There were so many wonderful choices of quality toys, puzzles, games and children's room decorative items in HomeGoods just in time for Christmas shopping!

My son and  daughter-in-law like durable toys for my young grandson that challenge him to use his imagination and that are educational, age appropriate and made from safe materials. With my $25 HomeGoods gift card I was able to purchase the following two wonderful toys for Christmas for my grandson:


I bought the Melissa and Doug "Cutting Food Set"  for $14.99  Which contains eight pieces of wooden food, a cutting board and a wooden knife. The food makes a fun "CRUNCH" sound when sliced. My grandson can learn the concepts of whole, halves and quarters when cutting the food, plus pretend he is cooking along side his Mommy in the kitchen, as he like to do.


I was also able to purchase this Melissa and Doug "Take Along Tool Kit" for $9.99 that contains twenty-four, wooden pieces including tools, nails, screws, nuts and bolts. All little boys love to build and this will help my grandson develop manual dexterity as he hammers pegs into the holes and  twists on bolts to screws. 


I have to admit I found so many wonderful toy bargains in HomeGoods that I bought a few more to have on hand for future gift occasions, or for my grandson to play with at our house when he visits us.Thank you Blogher and HomeGoods for helping me with my Christmas shopping this year!

Do you have children, grandchildren, or nieces and nephews, that you would like to buy holiday toys for or perhaps you need a gift for the "MarineToys for Tots Foundation" program? Try shopping HomeGoods for a wonderful selection of affordable quality toys and gift selections for your entire family!


Would you like a chance to win a $100 HomeGoods gift card or one of 20 $25 HomeGoods gift cards?  See the Bloghers Exclusive Offers page for details, and to see what other bloggers were able to purchase with their $25 gift card!  Good luck!



Bookmark and Share