A Harvest of Words and Photographs



I walk in the park in the early morning hours and see the sun rise.
I took my camera along this day to record it's beauty,
and to reflect on the words of poets and sages.


"Even if something is left undone,
everyone must take time to sit still
and watch the leaves turn."
~ Elizabeth Lawrence


"The thinnest yellow light of November is
more warming
and exhilarating
than any wine they tell of."
~ Henry David Thoreau
 

"Every leaf speaks bliss to me,
fluttering from the autumn tree."
~ Emily Bronte


"When the trees their summer splendor
Change to raiment red and gold,
When the summer moon turns mellow,
And the nights are getting cold;
When the squirrels hide their acorns,
And the woodchucks disappear;
Then we know that it is autumn,
Loveliest season of the year."
~ Carol L. Riser


"For man, autumn is a time of harvest, of gathering together.
For nature, it is a time of sowing, of scattering abroad."
~ Edwin Way Teale


My shadow grows long, the sun has risen, my walk is over.
 Even in my little urban park
the beauty of autumn never fails to delight me!


"I like spring, but it is too young. I like summer, but it is too proud. So I like best of all autumn, because its tone is mellower, its colours are richer, and it is tinged with a little sorrow.
Its golden richness speaks not of the innocence of spring, nor the power of summer,
but of the mellowness and kindly wisdom of approaching age.
It knows the limitations of life and is content."
~ Lin Yutang


I am adding this post to Susan's Outdoor Wednesday, and Jenny's Alphabe Thursday .. the letter this week is "H." Thanks to all! Please visit all these wonderful blogs and join in!



Bookmark and Share