Pink Saturday Retrospective and Whoops!!


Welcome! I am excited to be a featured Pink Saturday blog today! I joined Beverly of the How Sweet the Sound blog's Pink Saturday with my first Pink post on September 27, 2008.  Even though I hardly have anything pink in my house, and pink is not one of my favorite colors to wear, I wanted to challenge myself to look for Pink in my world and join in on all the fun of Pink Saturday. 

Guess what? 

Even though I devote much of my blog to the wonderful sights, events and locations throughout New York City where I live, and sights from all of my many travels, My First Pink Saturday post is the most popular of all my blog posts according to my Blogger stats, with almost 4,000 page views for this one post! 

Now that's what I call "Pink Power"!

I made a photo mosaic of the photos from that post, as you can see above, and although the photos in that post of my cat, a pink door in Ireland, pink roses, a pink squid from Brooklyn's annual Mermaid Parade, and pink hats in store in San Diego were all pretty, my guess is that those pink bridesmaids dresses attracted a lot of attention in Google searches or Google images, which in turn lead to a lot of visits to my blog. My daughter is the tall and pretty bridesmaid in that photo. (all photos will enlarge if clicked on once, and then again when they open on a new page)


I went through all my Pink Saturday posts to make some more photo mosaics of all my past Pink Saturday Posts and it was fun to see all the pinks I found through the years! 

Among the photos above is a pink brownstone in Brooklyn, a pink house in Key West, Florida, a girl with pink hair on Manhattan's elevated Highline Park, NYC 2009 marathon runners who were wearing pink, the Brooklyn Botanic garden's pink roses and cherry blossoms, a pink opera costume at the Metropolitan Opera , a pink stretch limousine in Brooklyn, a pink bicycle on the streets of the East Village in Manhattan and a pink clown car in Colorado.

Pink is certainly everywhere!


This is a mosaic of photo collages of some of the pink flowers that I've profiled on past Pink Saturday posts.


Another mosaic of photo collages from past posts with an assortment of pink things I found in Manhattan, Beverly Hills and San Francisco.


My most famous pink photo was the one of a beautiful pink chandelier.

This 1,900-piece, Louis XV chandelier once hung in the main banking hall of J. P. Morgan at 23 Wall Street. The two commercial properties have been converted into luxury condominium apartments and the chandelier was saved and put on permanent display as a design element in the lobby of the condominium.


It became famous because it was one of the photos chosen by the 2010 Summer edition of Artful Blogging magazine to publish in its special story about Beverly and Pink Saturday!  It was such a thrill to see my photograph published along with all the other wonderful photos chosen by the magazine in that edition.


So as you see the color pink has brought a lot of excitement to my life in the past few years since I've been contributing, whenever I am able, to Pink Saturday. I've enjoyed searching for pink, reading as many Pink Saturday posts as I can each week, and enjoying so many wonderful friendships with other Pink Saturday bloggers. 

Thank you Beverly for bringing Pink into my world each week!  I am so happy we found each other so many years ago when our blogs were brand new and I'm looking forward to many more pink discoveries!

Now  for the "Whoops" part of my post ......  I have to amend a Pink Saturday post from a few weeks ago entitled "Tickled Pink"


As it turns out my daughter-in-law's second sonogram showed she is not having a girl after all, but having another boy!  A surprise for all of us, but a happy one, non-the-less!


We will be thrilled to have another grandson to carry our name forward and we look forward to seeing two little boys become the best brothers and friends to each other as they grow!

Thank you for all your congratulations and best wishes. New life is always a miracle and we look forward to seeing our new grandson sometime in late Winter. As far as babies are concerned blue is as happy a color as pink!




Bookmark and Share