The Good and the Bad About Snow


As much as I might complain about all the snow we have been receiving this winter in New York City I have to admit I love winter weather. The air is fresh and brisk and I find it invigorating to be outside. It's easy to bundle up and enjoy the outdoors.  When it is hot and humid in summer it isn't always possible to feel comfortable unless I am indoors in air conditioning. I actually feel more cabin fever in the Summer. I took the photos above this afternoon while walking in my favorite Brooklyn park. The walking trail is almost a mile long oval and I try to walk around three times for exercise. (All photos will enlarge if clicked on once and then clicked on again when they re-open on a new page. Use your browser's back arrow to return to the post after viewing)


 A view from both ends of the park, above and below. It's hard to find such a wide open sky in the city so I always feel like I am in a different place when I walk here.


The snow appear blue from the sky's reflection.


Isn't the sky beautiful?


 If you looked closely at the photo mosaic you might have spotted this structure. 
Someone made an igloo in the center of the park!


 A few people and a dog were having fun exploring it.


While the snow is pretty in the park it's not so much fun to deal with on the streets of Brooklyn.
With no place else to put it, there are mounds of snow surrounding the parked cars. 


See this mound of snow?


I know it may be hard to believe, but there is actually a car underneath all this snow!

Why the owner has not dug it out is a mystery to me, but I think it may be April until they see it again!

What's your guess?


I'm linking with Mary at The Little Red House for Mosaic Monday, Smiling Sally for Blue Monday and the crew at Skywatch Friday




Don't forget to see my One World, One Heart introduction on this link -- two door prizes will be awarded to one winner on February 17, 2011 by random number generator. Good Luck!


Bookmark and Share