It Smells Like Christmas!



My Christmas Cactus is in bloom!




While the flowers don't have a strong scent, I can definitely detect a certain sweetness when I walk near them.


The smell of fresh cut Christmas trees are appearing on many corners in New York City. This is how many New Yorkers buy their home trees and wreaths.



It's so nice to walk on the sidewalk between the trees and smell their pine and balsam fragrance.



Did you know that having a real Christmas tree is better for your health and the environment? There is a very interesting article in Organic Gardening Magazine at this link that discusses this very fact.



Bakeries are beginning to display Christmas goodies.



I really enjoyed looking at this store's sweet gingerbread houses and cookie display along side a few vintage cookbooks. I love the spicy smell of gingerbread, don't you?



This bakery had a Santa's Hat cake among all their baked goodies for sale!


Holiday candy is being displayed in all New York's wonderful ethnic markets. I'll be showing a neighborhood in Brooklyn on my blog soon that is predominantly Polish, where I took this photo. It was a wonderful smelling candy shop.



The smell of chocolate is heavenly in Jacques Torres chocolate shops located in various neighborhoods of the city.



I was recently in his shop in the D.U.M.B.O neighborhood of Brooklyn, and found these cheery snowman so appealing!



Chocolate Trees, Santa, Snowmen...oh my!



Probably the best smells are coming out of your kitchen right now as you are preparing for Christmas.
This is an old photo of the cookie trays I used to prepare to give as gifts for Christmas. Everyone now seems to be on a diet, so I don't bake quite as much anymore, but I'll definitely prepare a few treats for Christmas Day!  What is your favorite Christmas cookie or holiday treat?

I'm linking this post to the "Outdoor Wednesday" blog event of Susan's blog A Southern Daydreamer.


Bookmark and Share