Christmas in NY Ornament Shop


I was shopping in Lower Manhattan's South Street Seaport yesterday and I came upon this Christmas in New York ornament shop on the second floor of the Pier Seventeen Mall.  Its web site says that it is the largest Christmas shop in New York City. Let's go inside!


Doesn't the life size Santa Claus figure in the window look so real?


The first of many Christmas trees on display was full of wonderful NYC themed souvenir ornaments.  To enlarge all photos click on them once, and then again when they open on a new page. Use your browser's "back" arrow to return to this post after viewing the enlarged photo.


A collage of just a few of the many delightful ornaments in the store. The Radio City Hall Rockettes are dancing in the upper left corner, sweet treats are in the top middle, and flag ornaments for many nations are in the top right.  Assorted coffee drink ornaments are in the bottom left, the "Big Apple" symbol for NYC in the bottom middle, and different versions of pretty Clara from the Nutcracker Suite ballet are in the bottom right. I really had to control myself, as I could have spent a small fortune here. I have to admit that I have a weakness for Christmas ornaments!
 

There were all kinds of Santa Claus figures and elves on this tree, and a small Santa in his sled pulled by reindeer was circling the tree on the white track you can see in the middle of the tree.


This tree was full of white and gold ornaments. All the ornaments seen on the trees were for sale in displays next to the tree.


This pretty pink tree was full of Nutcracker and ballet themed ornaments. 


A collage of some really fun specialty trees. The first from the left is full of Irish themed ornaments, the second purple tree is full of young teen themed ornaments such as pink flip flops and high top sneakers and "BFF" signs, the next tree is full of chocolate, espresso and coffee themed ornaments, and the last blue tree is dedicated to all Yankee Baseball ornaments.


This beautiful tree was full of silver, white, crystal and a touch of blue ornaments.


A most unusual tree full of bird ornaments inside a golden birdcage!


 One of my favorites was this gingerbread men and women themed tree!


This was an elegant red and gold music themed tree.


Perhaps the most unusual tree in the store was a black Halloween themed tree!

What was your favorite of all the trees in this shop? 


I'm adding this post to Pink Saturday on Beverly's blog "How Sweet The Sound"  and  at Bargain Hunting with Laurie for Favorite Things.


I will be busy decorating my own Christmas tree this weekend!  I am very behind in all my holiday preparations since I returned on Monday from my grandson's birthday in Colorado. Come back soon as I'll be showing this year's Rockefeller Center Christmas tree and some other less well known, but equally beautiful, trees in Manhattan. Christmas in New York City is a wonderful time of the year!







Bookmark and Share