San Francisco Mosaic

Did you miss me?

My husband and I were away on vacation for the past two weeks in Northern and Central California, seeing many wonderful sights in San Francisco, the wine country in Sonoma and Napa Valleys, and Yosemite National Park.
(This photo mosaic will enlarge if clicked once and then again when it reopens on a new page)

I know it's a bit of a cliché to say it,  but I really did leave my heart in San Francisco.  This was my second visit to this beautiful city by the bay and it was a pleasure to re-visit some favorite places I saw before and to enjoy many new experiences.

I thought a mosaic of some of our favorite sights in San Francisco would be a nice introduction to some of the many photos I am still in the process of downloading and editing since I returned home last evening.

  • From left to right on the top of the mosaic you can see the quaint Victorian houses on Alamo Square, a decorative house in Chinatown, a delicious Dungeness crab, a pagoda in the Japanese Garden of Golden Gate Park.
  • In the middle of the mosaic we see the sign for the popular Fishermans Wharf, a cable car, the Golden Gate Bridge, a distant shot of Lombard Street, which is the crookedest street in the world.
  • The last line in the mosaic shows Coit Tower on Telegraph Hill, the sleeping seals on Pier 39, the pyramid shaped Transamerica skyscraper, and a loaf of famous San Francisco sourdough bread.
The sights, sounds, tastes and the delightful cool weather touch of San Francisco has truly stolen my heart and I will treasure all the memories of our visit.  I hope you will return to my blog to see more photos of this beautiful city, and also the other areas we visited, over the next few weeks.  Also make sure to visit Mary of The Little Red House blog where I am joining in her Mosaic Monday event today.

It will be a pleasure to now catch up with your blogs....it's good to be home again!



Bookmark and Share