Thank You


"And He will raise you up on eagle's wings,
Bear you on the breath of dawn,
Make you to shine like the sun,
And hold you in the palm of His Hand."

From the hymn  "On Eagle's Wings" by Jan Michael Joncas

Thank you to all who have comforted me here in comments on my blog, on facebook, and by e-mail and mail, on the recent passing of my Mother.  Your kind words of sympathy and support were greatly appreciated by myself and my family. I've lived almost my entire life down the block from my childhood home in Brooklyn, NY, and therefore my Mom was also a frequent part of my children's and husband's daily life and we will miss her very much. We are comforted by our faith that Mother is now at peace in Heaven.



I find nature calming to my soul, so I took a walk this weekend to the Salt Marsh Nature Center in South Brooklyn’s Marine Park, which is going under environmental renovation.  It was peaceful to watch a few families of mallard ducks enjoying their habitat, despite the chilly January temperature.



I also had to chuckle over this industrious little squirrel who was busy gathering leaves to insulate his nest against the cold. He kept a watchful eye on me as I took his photo.



There were still many Christmas trees in the park's parking lot that were waiting to be recycled into wood chips for mulch.  Grouped like this they retained their delightful pine fragrance and the aroma made me reflect awhile on good memories from the holidays.

Time passes, seasons change, and life goes on....



"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven." ~ Ecclesiastes 3:1



I'm linking this post to Mosaic Monday, Blue Monday and Our World Tuesday and Outdoor Wednesday.  Many thanks to all the blog hosts.



Bookmark and Share