Simply Autumn ...Simply Bags


I hope everyone had a happy and safe Halloween!   On Saturday I visited a place I've often blogged about, the magnificent and historical Green-Wood Cemetery located at 500 25 Street and 5th Ave, Brooklyn New York.  Green-Wood has one of the finest collection of century-and-a-half-old trees in New York City, in addition to beautiful shrubs and flowers.  The beautiful Gothic front gates of the cemetery are visible in the upper left of this mosaic and views around one of its glacier ponds.
I knew that there would be beautiful autumn colors in the cemetery and I was not disappointed. As you can see in the images in the photo mosaic above the lovely warm autumn we've been having here this year in New York City has kept the grass green and the flowers growing. The trees were all dressed in glorious shades of orange, gold, russet and crimson.

(all mosaics can be enlarged by clicking on them once and then again when they open on a new page)


A mosaic of some of the flowers I saw in Green-Wood this weekend.  It's hard to believe that Clematis, Roses, Irises, were are all blooming so well in late October! I wonder when we'll get our first frost?

I'll show more beautiful photos of the cemetery in my next blog post. No matter how many times I wander along its paths I always find something new to photograph.



I have to say a special "Thank You" to "Simply Bags" for sending this beautiful monogrammed lap top bag to me as a gift! This stylish lap top bag is nice and roomy; made of dark brown colored canvas and blue patent trim, and the monogram is beautifully embroidered. The inside wall has a zipper pocket, and a pen and business card slot. It has a side to side zipper closure for ease in computer insertion and removal. The lengthy handles allow for comfortable underarm carry. I like that very much because I find it is easier to carry my laptop this way when I am handling all my other luggage.  It has been nice to carry my lap top in it when I travel and I've also used it to carry my library books, as its nice and sturdy.


* Disclosure: I received this monogrammed lap top bag from Simply Bags for free, value under $40, and no other compensation was received. My opinion of the bag is my own and I was not influenced or compensated in any way for this review.


I'm adding this post to Mary of The Little Red House Mosaic Monday and Sally of Smiling Sally Blue Monday event. Please visit both lovely ladies and see their posts and the links to all the blogs participating in their events today!


Bookmark and Share