Photo Safari Weekend and Two Sweet Surprises!


Before I conclude with the last installment about my visit to Yosemite National Park I'd like to catch up on a few blog winnings and surprises that have recently come my way.

Since Monday is "Mosaic Monday" on Mary's Little Red House blog, I thought I'd show my photo mosaic of some of the beautiful architectural details of The Dakota, a cooperative apartment building located at 1 West 72 Street and Central Park West, in the borough of Manhattan in New York City.  Designed by Henry J. Hardenbergh, who would later design the New York City Plaza Hotel, the Victorian Neo-Gothic styled Dakota dates back to 1884. It has been the residence of many well to do and celebrities over the years, including Leonard Bernstein, the composer and conductor, Lauren Bacall, the actress, Judy Garland, the singer and John Lennon, the Beatle who was slain outside its entrance in 1980.

I photographed The Dakota, and many other sites in the area, as part of a " Business Projects Photo Safari' workshop with a professional photographer named Miguel Gomez that I won on a give away on Rosemary's blog, NYC, Style and a little Cannoli. Thanks Rosemary! I learned so much and had a lot of fun!

To see some more photos I took that weekend, and to learn more about the workshop, please click HERE and go to my back page review blog.


I received this adorable hand made and hand embroidered sewing needle holder from Vee, from A Haven For Vee blog as a surprise give away that she had, because I was the only one to answer a question she posed in a blog post a couple of weeks ago!


Thanks Vee! I'm glad I'm an observant reader and faithful commenter for your blog, and I will always cherish my little blue bird needle holder book! Vee journals about her life in the beautiful state of Maine in an honest and down to earth way. Life has been complicated for her lately, but she always tries to keep her sense of humor as she concentrates on the simple joys of life!


Lastly, I have to thank Maria of the blog Manga Figlie, for sending me a sample of her delicious home made peach preserve! She had a give away on her blog for a couple jars of her preserve, and while I didn't win, she sent me a jar, anyway, in friendship.

 
I have been enjoying the peach preserve on my English muffins in the morning, along with the last crop of raspberries that I picked from my backyard bushes. Thanks Maria!  It is so delicious! Maria is an established freelance copy editor and a wonderful writer that journals about her Italian-American heritage and her love for cooking.

Please visit all three blogs I mentioned, as you'll enjoy each one, and please visit my review page blog to see the continuation of the fun and informational Photo Safari! Also don't forget to visit Mary for "Mosaic Monday"!

I'll continue the end of my visit to the beautiful Yosemite National Park in my next post with more photos of all the fantastic scenery, and then I'll be  back to blogging about lots of the fun things I've been doing in New York City since I returned.......there is always something fun going on!



Bookmark and Share