Seeing Red in Denver




As I strolled around Denver, Colorado, last week, I saw quite a bit of the color red. In my last post I showed all the beautiful red flowers I saw in Alamo Placita Park.  I liked the idea of the red rentable bicycles you see in the photo above, that are called Denver B Cycles. Denver B-cycle is the first large-scale municipal bike sharing system in the United States. They are located in dozens of special bike stations (B-stations) in the downtown neighborhood, as well as the Cherry Creek and Denver University neighborhoods. For a modest charge, Denver B-cycle members can pick up one of the red bikes at any B-station and when finished riding they can drop it off at any B-station. It is a very healthy and environmentally friendly way to travel.



This beautiful red brick Capital Hill Mansion Bed and Breakfast is a national historically registered 1891 Romanesque Mansion located in the Capitol Hill Historic neighborhood of downtown Denver.  Built by Jeffery and Mary Keating, the Keating Mansion was one of the last Historic Homes of Denver built before the silver crash of 1893.




This former red brick church is now turned into a 2.3 million dollar luxury home. You can see a slide show of the house interior on this link.




 A bright red tartan kilt on a man I spied walking around the annual Taste of Colorado festival.





A red sculpture entitled "National Velvet" by John McEnroe, installed during a 2008 public arts program



Fred, one of my daughter's cats, in front of a red wall in her home.



My favorite reds of all were my two grandsons who were wearing red!



It was so much fun to see the boys again so soon, and I gave them lots of hugs, kisses and cuddles!




And now for the winner of the Bertolli sponsored give away from this post of set which consists of a coupon for a free Bertolli sauce product, a cavatelli maker, a cheese grater, a gnocchi board and a La Crueset Gratin dish.There were 93 comments--thank you to all who entered!  Random.org picked comment number 15. The winner is Ginny of the blog "Let Your Light Shine"!  Congratulations Ginny! 




I'm linking this post to the  weekly"Rednesday" event on Sue's blog It's A Very Cherry World. Thanks Sue! If you love the color red be sure to visit Sue's blog and see the links of all the participating blogs.


Bookmark and Share