Pick Me Up in Pink.... and Special Thanks


I was driving down Coney Island Avenue in Brooklyn, New York, recently when I passed this pink limousine on display.  I immediately pulled over to take some photos of it. (All photos will enlarge when double clicked on)


I knew fans of "Pink Saturday," hosted weekly by Beverly of How Sweet the Sound, would be more than happy to dream about cruising around town in style in this special pink limo!


What a dream ride for a fan of pink!

Please visit Beverly today to find links more wonderful pink posts from a long list of Pink Saturday participants. 

Happy Pink Saturday!


I have been very fortunate the past few weeks to win a few give aways on some favorite blogs, and I'd like to say a special thank you to.....


Lissa, of the blog Just Writing Words, where I won her three year blog anniversary give away of an opportunity to chose an item under $30 from the ETSY store of a Juliethefish Designs hand stamped jewelry. Lissa is a fellow New Yorker and a graphic designer. Lissa enjoys participating in writing prompts, and I met her through the weekly "Alphabe-Thursday" event.  Please visit Lissa's blog when you have a chance and be enchanted by her writings, poetry and photography.


I chose this adorable silver necklace consisting of a boy charm and a disc custom made with my grandson's name hand stamped on it.  Isn't it the cutest thing?   Thank you so much Lissa!  I am so happy to wear this pretty necklace!


Does this mask scare you? I hope so!

I won this authentic Venetian "Nazo Turko Mask" on Joe of the Italyville blog!  To read more about this mask, how I won it, and the store I ordered it from, please click here to go to My Back Page review blog.


Joe Maruca's blog, Italyville, is where he, in his own words: "writes about growing up Italian in Massachusetts, his experiences living and working in Bologna, visits to the family's Olive farm in Calabria and everything along the way."  My husband was also born in Calabria and I almost feel like I'm part if Joe's family when I read his blog, as his experiences are very much those of my husband, and I enjoy all the authentic Italian family recipes he posts.  Thank you so much, Joe!  I can't wait to wear my mask if I am ever lucky enough to fulfill my dream of visiting Venice someday during Carnivale. I am sure to stand out in the crowd in my red, white and black Nazo Turko mask!


This wonderful collection of Welsh, Scottish, and English cookbooks and beautiful tea towel came not as a give away, but as a friendship gift from my sweet friend Melanie of Jellybeanangel2.  Melanie visited Wales recently and she remembered that I like these little cookbooks, as I bought a few when I vacationed in Ireland a couple of years ago. She surprised me by buying the rest of the set!  Melanie is one of the most  prolific craft bloggers I've ever met!  She sews, quilts, embroiders, makes stuffed toys, knits, crochets, makes stain glass, and does the most wonderful English country travelogues as she explores new towns, churches, castles and lakes in Great Britain.  I've learned so much from her since I've followed her blog. I'm sure you'd also enjoy seeing all her beautiful handiwork and her learning more about her country!



Blogging has introduced me so many wonderful friends around the world and has brought me so many wonderful and unexpected surprises.  I thank each and every person who visits my blog and takes the time to comment. There are so many wonderful blogs, and whenever I am able I enjoy returning your visit and learning more about you!




Bookmark and Share