Home Again ... and a Wedding Story

I hope everyone had a safe, happy and reflective Memorial Day weekend. It was good to remember and honor the brave men and women in the military who have sacrificed their lives for our freedom throughout our country's history.

I am sorry that I have not been around for the last week to visit your blogs, but I flew out to Denver, Colorado, last weekend to help baby sit my grandson, as my daughter-in-law was preparing for her sister's wedding this weekend.

( All photos will enlarge when clicked on and then clicked on again.  Use your browser back arrow to return to the post)

I just love all the charming little cottages that I see in parts of Denver, and I can never resist taking photos of them, and I have many more photos of them from past visits on this link.

Of course my little grandson also kept my camera busy this week......

.......as he is a happy bundle of energy and is beginning to have a lot to say!


We played lots of "basketball games" -- his favorite activity of the moment.

Then at the end of the week we all flew from Denver to Alexandria, Virginia.


Old Town Alexandria is a wonderful colonial period town, full of beautiful and historical sights to see, but we were there for a very special reason....


....a wonderful country themed wedding in a Virginia garden for a couple who met and fell in love in college in Virginia Tech

Everything was absolutely perfect ......

....from the lush garden setting where the air was full of bird song.....


...to the accompaniment of classical melodies by a string quartet.


The beautiful bride and handsome groom exchanged their vows and now will begin a long life together. I wish the new couple much love and happiness always!


Little grandson was dressed up to be the wedding ring bearer in the ceremony.........


...but when the time came he could not be peacefully lured away from watching the string quartet play.  Luckily it was not totally unexpected, and the best man had the real rings!


Inside a wonderful wedding celebration was about to begin..........


....and I am happy to report that little grandson put on his dancing shoes and had a good time at his Aunt and Uncle's wedding!   All in all it was a wonderful week with my little one and I already miss him so much ... until next time.

I'm adding this beautiful garden wedding to the "Outdoor Wednesday" event over at Susan's blog A Southern Daydreamer. Please visit Susan and see her aways wonderful contribution, and to see links to other participating blogs and their many other outdoor events


Bookmark and Share